The National Chambal Sanctuary (NCS) is a 400 km stretch of the river Chambal and a 1 to 6 km wide swathe of the ravines on both sides of the river, covering an area of 1235 sq. km. The Sanctuary begins downstream of the Kota barrage in Rajasthan. The sanctuary’s lower limit is near Panchnada, approximately 5 km after the confluence of the Chambal and the Yamuna at Bhareh, in Uttar Pradesh. The NCS is one of the last surviving habitats of the Gangetic River Dolphin. Provides protection for 1200 Gharial & 300 Marsh Crocodiles. Home to eight species of Turtles. Home to smooth coated Otters.
The Sanctuary boasts of a rapidly increasing and impressive bird list of over 290 species of resident and migratory birds and is gaining a reputation as one of the most reliable places to see the Indian Skimmer.
How to reach: - The National Chambal Sanctuary is 90 Kms from Agra and easily accessible by road from Agra.
Day 01: Pick up from your hotel in Agra and transfer to National Chambal Sanctuary. Upon arrival check into your resort. Later proceed for River Safari in National Chambal Sanctuary and enjoy watching the wildlife. Return back to your hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Morning after breakfast at hotel, proceed for Camel safari of Chambal Sanctuary and visit Ater Fort. Return back to your hotel. Later drive back to Agra. Upon arrival in Agra transfer to your hotel.
Cost on per person in Indian Rupees: -
|Hotel Category||02 Pax||03 Pax||04 Pax|
|Jungle Resort||Rs 9760||Rs 8500||Rs 8444|
Validity: - Above prices are valid from 01 October ’08 till 15April ’09.
Above cost includes: -
1.All arrival and departure transfers in Ac Vehicle.
2.Accommodation on twin share on bed & breakfast basis for 1 nights / 2 days as per program.
3.Entrance fee to Ater Fort and National Chambal Sanctuary.
4.01 Rive safari on river Chambal
5.01 Jeep safari to National Chambal Sanctuary
6.Local English speaking guide during the sight seeing.
7.All applicable taxes.
Above cost does not include: -
1.Any flight fare
2.Any meals or drinks
3.Any other services not mentioned above.
|Tourist Places around Agra:||Travel to Bharatpur
Travel to Gwalior
Travel to Karauli
Travel to Mathura
|Travel to Orchha
Travel to Sariska
Travel to Vrindavan
Travel to Chambal
- The driver Krishna was outstanding, polite, well-dressed and very patient. The road conditions were hazardous at times, but he negotiated them very capably. This is the second time I have used your company and I am extremely satisfied with your service. I will continue to recommend your company to colleagues visiting India and will be in touch for my next trip.......said Randy Bindra, USA travelled through us from 04 Mar. to 09 Mar. 2013
- We would like to thank you and your colleagues for a very well organised three week holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed it and everything worked very well. The overnight on the houseboat was a wonderful experience, it was such a change from being on the busy road, and to have the peace, silence and tranquillity for nearly 24 hours was indeed very nice. So, we can also recommend that and the two crew were very good indeed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meals they provided for us. It was really good experience..........said Ketty Tomes, UK travelled through us from 28 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2013
- Thank you very much for great trip in India. My 4th trip to India has made that I'm more addicted to India than I was before (I thought that I couldn't be more addicted but I was wrong). I tell only positive things to all my friends about my trip and TSI. Maybe my girl friend decides to visit South India with 3 other girls. I also look forward to visit Ladakh and Kashmir.........said Robert, Poland travelled through us from 29 Jan. to 13 Feb. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Everyone is safely home again after our spice discovery tour, and we can definitely consider it one of our successes. Once again you won everyone's hearts with your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in all our activities. I don't know how we would have coped with the flight cancellations between Udaipur and Madurai if you had not been there to sort it out! ..............said Liz and Ian, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Our tour of your wonderful country was fantastic. I was returning, after 36 years, but it was Helen's first time and she loved every minute of the amazing journey. Our precious eighteen days seemed to stretch - there was so much to see and do! Each night we went to bed tired, and occasionally exhausted. And so, we really appreciated the extra effort made by all the Indian hotels to provide us with additional length in our double beds. Thanks you for making those arrangements. We were always very comfortable at night so we woke up refreshed, ready to enjoy the delights of the next day.........said Helen & Richard Walker, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- We just want to thank for the amazing service provided to us. We are very happy and impressed with all assistance and support you gave us during the whole trip......said Manha Cleusa, Brazil travelled through us from 22 Oct. to 02 Nov. 2012
- We have enjoyed our trip to India and will certainly recommend TSI to any friends who wish to visit your beautiful country.....Dr. Chanvit, Thailand travelled through us from 11 Feb. to 20 Feb. 2012